Wednesday, July 30, 2008

PUG Retreat

Okay, so here's the anticpated expanded explanation for why I haven't been able to answer calls and emails the past couple days. I partook in a retreat hosted by Amanda of Orchard Cove Photography up route 8 and into Massachusetts. Many PUG (Pictage Users Group) members escaped with me. I met a lot of new faces and saw some familiar ones as well.

There was a bit of a green theme for the retreat. In addition to bathing in the lake and recycling all of the many bottles, God's creation was reused as decoration in the rec. room:



Throughout the two days we were reminded that our green decisions help our trees to stay green:



Ooooo.... Here's a fun game. Let's play "name the desert". First stalker to guess the two fruits used in this desert (before it was eaten) will receive a personal email from me.



What reminds me of childhood more than croquet mallets? Right up there with Commodore computers and Mr. Wizard.



The following three I got to know quite a bit better during the retreat.



Jake



Nikki



Fred







I was traveling back towards Milford on the way home and I had to kill a little time. Beatification or futile effort? What do you think?

10 comments:

Robin Dini Photography said...

travis, you are so funny! i love the "reuse for decoration" comment ;) these are great. Hope you had a great time!

Salty Grapes said...

OK, I do NOT remember seeing Bambi up there... where the heck was that?! In the clubhouse? And how did I miss the croquet mallets?! And how did we not play?! I brought badminton and bocce and never took them out of the car... hmmm... it'll be a must for next year. Anyway, it was SO great to meet you. You were just too cute, you and your "Southern" Milford accent. ;) - Julia

carla ten eyck said...

Mr. Flynn!!!!

or should I call you Timmy Ho ho

Val McCormick Photography said...

HA, HA, HA that deer comment cracked me up. I accidently published my blog without journaling it..hope you read the journal, lol. So funny how we all come away with such different photos and yet they are all beautiful. I had way too many. I have a few of you with your camera I'll need to send you when I get a chance. So funny with Paul's pants and shirt. Did you really get to know Nikki, I remember Nikki getting to know you, LOL ;-) So nice to finally meet you. Maybe we will be working together in the future since you're so close by.
~Hugs~
Val

Travis Flynn said...

Yes, we do have to play bocce next year! And Robin should come so she can play too! Carla, the Horton mug is just for retreats and other fun events.

Salty Grapes said...

By the way, I keep looking at that shot of the water you have... I'm looking for the snakes I heard someone said were in there. There weren't REALLY snakes in there, were there? If so, I'm giving myself a freebie on my 101 list because I never would have gone swimming if I knew that. ;)

Bocce next year definitely! (Though, I'm guessing we'd be chasing a lot of boules rolling down the hills!)

E. Broderick Photography said...

Great post, Travis! Oh, I forgot about your Timmy Ho Ho mug. I really enjoyed meeting you, even though you tried to have me killed by the Mafia. More than once.

Already looking forward to next year!

Tania Sones Photography said...

Oh Travis... I heard about this trip... your name was mentioned a few times ;-) All in good fun of course!!

The flower shot is killer!

Amanda Harris said...

I'm glad you discovered the gnome Fred. They are hidden all around the lake and are frequently moved by people to keep things interesting :)

Robert J. Trenske said...

Looks like this PUG retreat was a great time, wish we could have been there!! Nice job capturing it!