Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mission Accomplished

I just returned from Mission, British Columbia a couple days ago. I was visiting good friends, Grant and Jill. Grant has recently been ordained as a pastor in the Christian Reformed denomination. Jill is expecting a baby in a couple months. Needless to say, they both have plenty to do, but they made time to hang out, play Scattergories, and enjoy the outdoors while I was visiting.

Grant and I are both pretty big hockey fans. We were able to scrape up tickets to see the Canucks take on the Panthers. Vancouver have been struggling lately, but they took it to the Panthers, scoring three pretty goals en route to a 5-3 win. We also played hockey on the Xbox and enjoyed a pickup game with people from his church and another.

Oh, and I took some pictures too. Here are some of the beautiful B.C. landscape and some of Jill and Grant's dog, Molly. It was unusually cold and windy for south western B.C. Four days straight it was between 15-25 degrees (after converting to fahrenheit) with gusts of wind that nearly blew me over. Last time I visited the area it was blizzard conditions-- my return flight was pushed back a day. Thankfully, it was only delayed a couple hours this time.





































1 comment:

Robert J. Trenske said...

Hey Travis, your landscapes are simply beautiful. Really really great job. Hope you have been well, Happy New Year!